Doc Wagon - DocWagon - Firma świadcząca usługi medyczne. Kiedy klient jest poważnie raniony automatycznie zjawia się wóz DocWagon, a wraz z nim najlepsi specialiści i najnowszy sprzęt. Oczywiście wszystko za swoją cenę. DocWagon oferuje trzy kontrakty: srebrny, złoty i platynowy, każdy różni się ceną i jakością usług, platynowy oczywiście jest najdroższy i najlepszy. Lekarze pracujący w DocWagon mają obowiązek ratować jedynie klienta, udzielanie pomocy medycznej przypadkowym ofiarą często jest karane w różny sposób przez zarząd firmy. Jednym zdaniem biznes is biznes. (polska służba zdrowia ?)
Provider of elite emergency medical services. Doc Wagon will not respond to calls on extraterritorial government or corporate property without permission from that controlling authority.
DocWagon™ is an international AA Corporation, headquartered in Atlanta, CAS. It was a pioneer in the medical services industry by offering unique medical insurances including armed ambulance services and tracking/monitoring bracelets, colloquially known as "DocWagon(TM)-type services". It since has been joined by various competitors, including CrashCart Medical Services, but DocWagon has remained the leader of the fast point-of-service emergency medical service market.
History[edytuj | edytuj kod]
DocWagon was founded in 2037 in Atlanta to provide premium emergency on-site care by responding to emergencies faster and better than its competitors. It kept ahead of its competition by adding new, innovative, and more comprehensive medical services, the first of which was the "High Threat Response" or HTR. Using armed and armored vehicles and adding security personnel to their paramedic teams, the HTR was able to go into dangerous areas that no other paramedic service dared to go. Following that innovation, they introduced a "get medical aid within ten minutes, or your on-site care is free" guarantee. Later, they introduced the idea of "subscription contract service". For an annual fee, a client can get guaranteed and extended services, along with discounts on health care payments. These innovations and the DocWagon image proved to be so popular that by 2041, DocWagon became Atlanta's official on-site health-care provider.
In 2041, DocWagon expanded from just armored paramedic service to owning its first small private clinic. This was the first in a long string of DocWagon Acute Care Clinics that popped up all over Atlanta. In 2042, DocWagon extended their services throughout the UCAS. Through careful selection of franchises and astute business acumen, DocWagon managed to maintain a high standard of quality which quickly outstripped its local competitors. Although the restrictions on owning a franchise were tight, and the cost was prohibitively expensive, by the end of 2042, DocWagon sold at least three franchises in every major UCAS city, and had many more scattered throughout North America.
In 2043, DocWagon went international, selling franchises to other corporations within cities across the world. The first Seattle clinics and franchises were set up during this time. Today, DocWagon is a major megacorporation, a specialist in a business that never sleeps and never stops bringing in the nuyen.
Contracts[edytuj | edytuj kod]
DocWagon offers four levels of service contracts, each with extending benefits for the amount of nuyen purchased. A tissue sample is required upon signing of a contract, and each client receives a wrist telephone that dials directly to DocWagon. Higher level contracts also may add the equivalent of a biomonitor, which provides an auto-dial service in case of emergency.
- Basic Service gives the client pay-per-service access to DocWagon services. It costs an annual fee of 5,000¥, and fees for DocWagon services can range from 5,000¥ for HTR to 8,000¥ for on-site resuscitation. Acute care coverage ranges from 500¥ to 1000¥ per day, depending on the level of care. Note that these costs are significantly less than the average hospital stay and even basic transimplant surgery costs.
- Gold Service gives one free resuscitation per year, plus a 10 percent discount on clinic/hospital stays Base cost for HTR is halved, although death compensation, expenses, and other costs remain the same. Gold contracts cost 25,000¥ per year.
- Platinum Service gives free HTR service, four free resuscitations per year, a half discount on clinic/hospital stays and death compensations are only for employees and innocent victims. Platinum service costs 50,000¥ a year.
- Super-Platinum Service is top-of-the-line, and costs 100,000¥ a year. The benefits are similar to the Platinum service, except that the client does not have to cover death benefits, and gets five free resuscitations per year. The Super-Platinum contract also gives the client a life-signs biomonitor. Certain corporate security contracts also give the equivalent of Super-Platinum service to its security guards at a reduced group price, paid for by the corporate bankroll.
Response Teams[edytuj | edytuj kod]
There are three levels of DocWagon response:
- Standard Response Teams - SRTs are the standard patrol vehicles of DocWagon. They follow a randomized path through the city, and have a team of four paramedics (one of whom has a datajack to pilot the vehicle). Most are ambulances, but a small percentage use a modified Hughes WK-2 Stallion helicopter. Standard Response Teams stabilize victims on-site, and if the going gets tough (too many victims, natural disasters, gang warfare, "hot zones"), they typically call for backup.
- Crisis Response Teams - CRTs typically cover large-scale medical emergencies, such as chemical explosions, multi-vehicle pileups, gang wars, natural disasters, etc. CRTs consist of eight personnel and a larger vehicle (such as large vans or even a civilian Ares Citymaster), and typically are not on patrol, remaining at DocWagon dispatch centers until an SRT needs to "call in the calvary". Some CRTs use tilt-rotor aircraft, such as a modified Federated Boeing Commuter.
- High Threat Response - HTRs are the main public face of DocWagon, and consist of three medical personnel and four "threat support personnel", who basically function as security guards. They protect the team and the client from hostile action during the pickup. HTRs are fewer in number than SRTs, but also patrol the city in a randomized pattern. HTRs use armored Ares Citymasters with roof-top turreted machineguns loaded with gel-rounds. HTRs also use Osprey IIs or armed Hughes WK-2 Stallions to get to hard-to-reach areas and to airlift clients from dangerous areas.
Doc Wagon[edytuj | edytuj kod]
Firmy, które kontroluje
DocWagon Acute Care Clinics
This finance magnate is the largest of its kind in the UK. It's closest competitor is Transys Neuronet, a company that has sought to destroy HKB outright. The rivalry bewteen the corporations is more personal than business related. When Transys founder Celadyr first surfaced he approached HKB with the notion of buying into the corporation. When HKB refused to swell its ranks, the Dragon all but declared war upon them. This war has raged for years in the shadows, in the boardrooms and at the stock market.
Hildebrandt-Kleinfort-Bernal Data Services
Hildebrandt-Kleinfort-Bernal Financial Services
Firmy, które kontroluje
Lloyd's of Londyn
Hisato-Turner Broadcasting Corporation
Centrala: Atlanta, Georgia, CAS
Prezes / CEO: Dwight T. Patrick
Major subsidiaries: Ancient Wisdom, Black Gate Communication Systems, NewsNet-SatNet, NostalgiaVid, Tanegashima Space Center, T&H Consulting
HTB is the association of two men, John Turner, grandson of media magnate Ted Turner, and Senichi Hisato, the Japoniaese guru of interactive media. The corporation is only broadcasting global programs, insisting on the absence of a local biased point of view. The cultural disparity between Atlanta and Osaka offices produced a style sometimes criticized as ultra-conformist, defending economic development and ecology. But NewsNet remains according to all opinion polls the first provider of information in the world.
HTB group activities extends to telecommunications, user interface software, scientific research, meteorological services, marketing consulting and brand management. With this set of skills, HTB takes charge of the Tanegashima space launching facility's schedule. The fate of the satellite conception division remains unsure between a costly maintenance and upgrade or the subcontracting to Boeing or Shibata like for the launching vehicles.
Firmy, które kontroluje
IBM (Armonk, NY)
Firmy, które kontroluje
Hyundai Motor Company (Seoul, Korea)
Hyundai-IBM (Armonk, NY)
Źródła[edytuj | edytuj kod]
- Neo-Anarchist's Guide to Real Life, s 41-47
Ilustracje[edytuj | edytuj kod]
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9752/ambulansnaziemnysrtma0.th.gif http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/634/fa322szywewezwanieef7.th.gif http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/8802/helikoptersrtoq7.th.gif http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/8990/jednostkanaziemnacrtoa3.th.gif http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5815/jednostkapowietrznacrtpj1.th.gif http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3366/klientdocwagongf5.th.gif http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/883/klinikadocwagonlj6.th.gif http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1217/ospreyiiam4.th.gif http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1961/plakatdocwagonhx5.th.gif http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4918/przesu324si281ro9.th.gif http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4772/wpracyou1.th.gif http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1254/zmodyfikowanywk2stalliode1.th.gif