- New tech enables the production of optical chips immune to EMP.
- January 21: The Resource Rush begins after the USA government appropriates millions of acres from Native American reservations and hands them over to corporations for exploitation. Conspiracy Theories says 2005
- April 5: The Sovereign American Indian Movement, SAIM, is founded in Denver in response to the continued theft and destruction of the Native Americans' ancestral lands. 
- June 14: Nicholas Aurelius consolidates his business assets into founding Ares Industries, which quickly gains extraterritoriality.  
- June - July: Landfills in former East Germany begin leaking toxins into the groundwater, prompting the German government to issue evacuation orders.
- September 23: The 'Bündnis 2000' party sweeps to power in Germany's federal elections on an ecological platform. 
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.