- New tech enables production of optical chips that are not affected by EMP.
- January 21: The United States government appropriates millions of acres of Native American reservations and turns them over to corporations to exploit for resources. The Resource Rush begins.
- April 5: In response to continued theft and destruction of First Nations ancestral homelands, the Sovereign American Indian Movement is founded in Denver.
- June 14: Nicholas Aurelius consolidates his business assets into Ares Industries. The corporation quickly gains extraterritorial status.
- June-July: Landfills in the former East Germany begin leaking toxins into the groundwater, leading the German government to declare evacuation orders. A few weeks later, the Baltic and North Sea ecologies finally collapse under the severe pollution.
- September 23: The Bündnis 2000 party sweeps to power in Germany’s federal elections on an ecological platform.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.