- Newly privatized North Korean corporations merge to form Kwonsham Industries to avoid a buyout by South Korean or international megacorps.
- Spring: Ghana and the Ivory Coast begin the process of withdrawing from the United Nations.
- August 14: The Medellín, David, and Masaya drug cartels buy out a major resource development company in Villahermosa, Mexico and name it ORO Corporation after the heads of the cartels: Juan Ortega, Julio Ramos, and Diego Oriz.
- November 2: The United States Supreme Court declines a review of the federal government's decision to disband the municipal government of Washington, D.C. President Philip Bester's approval ratings begin to decline.
- William and Harry, the two Princes of the royal Windsor family of the United Kingdom, die in an airplane crash.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.