- March 18: Hong Kong secedes from mainland China and proclaims independence. The British government uses its influence to protect Hong Kong, but is duped by megacorporations and loses face over the incident.
- April 27: Anarchists take control of Berlin. Walls are raised and troops posted to contain the anarchy.
- May 5: Francisco Pavón of the Azatlán party is elected president of Mexico. He renames the country Aztlan. The ORO Corporation was heavily involved in the Matrix-based voting process.
- May 15: The Magic Hat opens in Minneapolis. It is the first private organization for practicing magicians.
- May 18: Belgium dissolves when Wallonia splits from Flanders.
- August 6: Thunder Tyee leads Salish warriors to capture a US submarine base near Bangor.
- October 4: Thunder Tyee's warriors capture Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.
- Schism splits the Irish Republican Army (IRA) into two factions: the Provisional IRA (led by elven spike baby Liam O'Connor) and the Official IRA. The Provisional IRA is incorporated into the state security apparatus, where it counters Protestant paramilitaries. It would grow into the core of the Tír Republican Corps (TRC).
- In Puerto Rico, Natural Vat Food Technologies is established. The corporation quickly makes a name for itself by growing fungus in the now-overflooded sugarcane fields in the Caribbean. The fungus is converted into a synthetic food called mycoprotein. This new product quickly makes Puerto Rico the richest island in the Caribbean.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.