- January: Nicholas Aurelius, founder of Ares, dies of a heart attack.
- January 20: Andrew McAlister is re-inaugurated as President of the UCAS.
- January 23: Swedish airspace monitors detect flights of aircraft they cannot conclusively identify flying across northern Europe. The phantom aircraft destroy key command and control centers for forces on both sides of the Euro War while unidentified commandos kill key military commanders and crash their Matrix networks. The United Kingdom denies any involvement in the affair in the wake of rumors that the aircraft were FA-38 Nightwraiths and the commandos were SAS.
- January 24: Russia and the European Alliance announce a cease-fire, effectively ending the EuroWar.
- January 24: Damien Knight acquires 22% of Ares Macrotechnology stock in approximately one minute of pre-programmed trading. He ousts Leonard Aurelius and makes himself CEO.
- March 15: Global Financial Services is renamed Zurich-Orbital Gemeinschaft Bank and moved to the Zurich-Orbital Habitat (previously Freedom Station).
- June 7 UCAS: After the research project at Turner Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia is abandoned, homeless people move into the abandoned structure. As the numbers increase, those inside build their own micro-society by using simple rules such as “might makes right.”
- August 5 UCAS: In Tulsa, Oklahoma, the Tulsa School Board refuses to admit a troll into school. To add insult to injury, the board then tries to fine the parents for violating the state’s compulsory education law. The Grumman family files a suit against the board but loses.
- September 4: The United Islamic Conference dissolves. Mullah Sayid Jazrir, a spiritual leader of al-Qaeda, forms the Alliance for Allah from terrorist groups and extreme right-wing governments.
- October 30: Grumman v. Tulsa School Board. The Grumman family argues that the school board unfairly expelled their son after his Goblinization, prevented him from returning when ordered to resume schooling, prevented the family from attending town hall meetings, fined the family for violating compulsory education laws, and destroyed public records of the family's complaints. The court finds in favor of the school board.
- November 14: Ken Roper and Michael Eld, former members of Echo Mirage and founders of Matrix Systems, demonstrate their prototype cyberdeck in Boston, UCAS. A power outage ends the demonstration.
- The elven state of Pomorya is founded in northeast Germany.
- The USDP-ESPP coalition wins the election in Germany.
- Aztechnology surreptitiously murders Aztlan President Francisco Pavón for disobedience; is "called home by the Plumed Serpent", a polite euphemism. Shadowtalk in Aztlan reveals he was killed in a palace coup by his ORO handlers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.