- February 28: The Shiawase Corporation receives a patent from the Corporate Court for its genetically-engineered type O tissues.
- March 31: The University of Chicago and the Atlantean Foundation establish Elemental Hall on Lake Michigan.
- May 1: Matrix Systems releases the first gray-market cyberterminal, the Portal.
- June 12: Ireland's State President Charles McGoldrick is impeached for involvement in vidphone-tapping, illegal surveillance of political opponents, and corruption on a grand scale. 
- June 12: Ken Roper and Michael Eld, the founders of Matrix Systems, both die in freak accidents.
- June 13: Matrix Systems's main computer suffers a catastrophic crash, destroying all data concerning the Portal. The prototypes go missing as well.
- July 4: The United Kingdom gives Primrose Hill and the surrounding buildings to the New Druidic Movement to serve as its headquarters.
- August 7: Richard Villiers acquires one-third of Fuchi Industrial Electronics in exchange for all of his North American holdings, his Corporate Court seat, and his backup data and prototype of the Portal.
- August 28: Hualpa, Sirrurg, and an unidentified third great dragon lead a force of Awakened and metahumans to seize Manaus in the Amazon Basin. The force begins to seize more territory, spreading outward from the Basin.
- October 14: The Alliance for Allah launches its Great Jihad, attacking Israel, Russia, the Indian Union, the Balkans, and the Iberian Peninsula.Shadows of Asia states October 13
- November 2: Following the fall of Brasilia and the surrender of Brazil, Hualpa announces the foundation of Amazonia.
- November 10: The Confederation of American States secedes from the UCAS.
- December 11: A state of emergency is declared in Ireland while the legislature enacts further changes to the constitution. 
- December 19: Representatives from the UCAS and CAS sign the Treaty of Richmond, confirming the UCAS's recognition of the CAS as a sovereign nation.
- December 25: Seamus O'Kennedy announces further government reforms and the formation of Tír na nÓg. Many humans emigrate in response. 
- December 31: South Florida joins the Caribbean League.
- Aithne Oakforest, Sean Laverty, and Lugh Surehand direct the construction of duplicate communications infrastructure in the south Salish-Shidhe Council. They eventually have an independent state in all but name.
- Aztlan withdraws from the Sovereign Tribal Council and the Native American Nations when they refuse to pressure the UCAS into ceding Texas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.