- The Mob War erupts in Seattle.
- January 1: Mafia Don James "The Hammer" O'Malley is assassinated by a Chimera-sniper.
- January 4: Mafia Don James "The Hammer" O'Malley's funeral is held in Seattle.
- January 7: Yakuza soldiers start muscling in on Mafia-run businesses, causing fighting to break out between the two group's enforcers.
- January 8: Assassination attempt against Rowena O'Malley is narrowly averted, strengthening her determination to gain control over Seattle's Mafia.
- January 18 CAS: Vice President Ivory McCabe is elevated to president after President Oliver Jackson dies of a sudden heart attack. 
- January 31-unknown date: A small team of shadowrunners led by Michael is brutally ambushed in the newly reclaimed Amerindian lands of the Salish-Shidhe. Video footage recovered from a dead shadowrunner's eyes is made public, prompting Michael's brother, Joshua to investigate Michael's death, and the true nature of his last mission. Joshua eventually comes into contact with Sinsearach Council member Harlequin, learning that Harlequin utilized a Mr. Johnson named Caleb Brightmore to hire Michael for the job, and that Michael's team got killed by a Renraku strike team. Michael's original mission was to destroy Thon's magic source at Ellisia's Tomb in the Salish-Shidhe. Joshua aids Harlequin in completing Michael's original mission, effectively sealing off Ellisia's tomb. 
- February 22: Ares implements "Operation Extermination," a large-scale physical and magical assault on the insect spirits infesting the Chicago Containment Zone. The Chicago quarantine is officially lifted in President Haeffner's State of the Union address.
- February 26 UCAS: Post Ares's "Operation Extermination", President Haeffner lifts the quarantine around the Chicago Containment Zone (CCZ). Riots break out as refugees from the CCZ attempt to flee the area and surrounding areas push back, but civil authorities manage to broker a peace. Thousands stuck within the CCZ discover that despite the announcement, Chicago remains excised from the modern world.
- April 19 AGS: Saeder-Krupp finished construction of the Essen arcology, which is hailed as a triumph of modern engineering.
- June 10 SCANDINAVIAN UNION: Erika announces the Wireless Matrix Initiative. Building on the cellular network, the WMI promises complete Matrix integration within five years. Several other corporations begin working on projects based on similar technology, including Renraku, Novatech, and Mitsuhama.
- August 3 JAPAN: Renraku successfully recaptures the AI Morgan, and utilizes sections of her programming to develop the Arcology Expert Program (later to be known as the infamous AI Deus). Housed in the SCIRE, it controls the day-to-day care of more than 90,000 people.
- August 10 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: Rinelle ke’Tesrae, a grassroots social movement, is formed in Tír Tairngire and calls for a democratic system to be established. Despite attempts by Tír officials to suppress news of the group’s activities, stories are released in Seattle, UCAS, and the California Free State.
- October 15 CARIBBEAN LEAGUE: In an effort to limit fighting between houngan throughout the Caribbean League, Nadja Daviar declares that the contest for their undeclared leader to receive the talon clippings left to them in Dunkelzahn’s will must be completed by December 31, 2060.
- November 10 ECUADOR: Proteus AG secretly begins construction of a space launch facility which will be revealed to the public in 2061.
- Renraku Europe relocates its HQ from Berlin to Munich and begins the construction of an arcology on the grounds of former Hellabrunn zoo.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.