Vital Statistics[edit | edit source]
- Languages—Twi-Fanti 
History[edit | edit source]
- 2025—Asante Nation was the only West African nation with the domestic stability to respond and apply for recognition as a country to the United States Global Economics Task Force.
- 2026—The United Nations recognizes the Asante Nation, and Asante Nation opens its borders for trade.
- 2038—Asante Nation goes “online,” developing a Matrix infrastructure.
Politics[edit | edit source]
Asante Nation is one of the few places in Africa that doesn’t have shifting borders, due to its recognition by world governments through the United Nations. It is a hereditary monarchy, ruled by King Osei Agyemang. Laws in the Asante Nation are described as “draconian,” with even the most minor of crimes punished by beating, maiming, or death.
Geography[edit | edit source]
The Asante Nation encompasses the mouth of the Volta river, going west through Greater Accra.
Major Cities[edit | edit source]
Economy[edit | edit source]
Asante Nation’s economy consists mostly of light industry, with factories that refine sugar, coffee, and cocoa, as well as steel, aluminum, gold, and plastics. They are one of the few places in Africa with an active Matrix. Asanti is notable for not having much of a corporate influence, due to the hardline stance of the government against them.
Corporate Presence[edit | edit source]
- Nearly None 
- Pueblo Biotechnologies did a buyout of Nunoo Health and opened one of their African HQs in Accra with help from the king.
- DeBeers-Omnitech is one of the few corps accepted inside the borders of Asante Nation. They've mines, powerplants and settlements along the whole Volta.
- The Illuminates of the New Dawn have their West African HQ in Accra and do some caritative work their. They also maintain magical clinics and schools for magical gifted children.
References[edit | edit source]
This page forked from Wordman’s The Sixth World: A geographical index to the world of Shadowrun.