|Auburn (as of 2072)|
Auburn is a heavily industrialized district of the Seattle Metroplex.
Auburn is an industrial district of smoke-belching factories and blue-collar (read: downtrodden) workers.
Typical mix for Seattle. Most inhabitants are blue collar workers.
Mayor Zax Pound-Down, a flamboyant ork, was elected in 2048. He was concerned with the environmental degradation in the district, and had to fight off a number of smear campaigns.
2072: Mayor Tyrone Monzo of Auburn went from Lone Star officer to law school, metroplex attorney, and now mayor. He’s cultivated a reputation as hard on crime, with a strong prosecutorial record. Of course, he’s also in bed with Mitch Stuck. He might actually follow through with his promises to work closely with Knight Errant to clean-up Auburn. Monzo also has the dubious distinction of being the most cybered mayor in Seattle: having a cyberarm and leg due to an on-duty crash following a highspeed chase when he worked for Lone Star. He also has cybereyes and some reconstructive facial surgery that eliminated the worst of the scarring. Mayor Monzo doesn’t hold any special loyalty to Lone Star, a company he left nearly twenty years ago. Still, the ‘Star might try to exert whatever influence it thinks it has over him, since the mayor’s anti-crime initiative has the potential to make Knight Errant look good.
2076: Aurburn's Mayor Tyrone Monzo is no longer beholden to Mitch Stuck. Stuck has grander ambitions, and Monzo just wants his people to get along or get out. Councilor Henry Bortle is his biggest opponent, representing growth over sustaining the existing community, and both are looking for every edge they can find.
Auburn has over 400 factories, metal refineries, and petrochemical plants, and thus it is the manufacturing and industry heart of Seattle. The biggest factories are the ones owned by Federated Boeing, including the huge Boeing facility in eastern Auburn. Renraku has a computer hardware complex in the district's west end, easily the largest factory of its type.
Auburn boasts its own amateur baseball (Auburn Cardinals) and Urban Brawl (Auburn Rubblers) teams, and the Seattle International Raceway is in this district.
Lone Star Security Ratings
- AA: Auburn, Lake Wilderness
- A: Algona (some areas), Berrydale (some areas), Pacifica (some areas)
- B: Algona (some areas), Berrydale (some areas), Covington, Enumclaw (some areas), Georgetown, Maple Valley, Pacifica (some areas), Sumner (some areas), Timberlane
- C: Black Diamond, Enumclaw (some areas), Sumner (some areas)
- D: Bolse
- Dieringer Sleep Company - Cheap hotel
- Enumclaw Moneymaker Hotel - Cheap hotel
- Green River Inn - Family-style hotel and medium restaurant, the area is rumored to be haunted by the ghosts of victims of a serial killer
- Ultra Resort
- Tapps Island
- Barn Burner - Large restaurant, cowboy cuisine
- Magician’s Feast - Medium restaurant and bar, American and Salish cuisine, the owner is a mage
- Aurora, The - Bar, named for the ghostly lights seen in the alley
- Casey’s - Bar, decker hangout near the Clone Zone Mall
- The Hole Story - Bar, favorite of ork shadowrunners
- Auburn Mall - Shopping mall, largest in Auburn
- Clone Zone - Shopping mall, popular place for trading and sale of black market deck hardware and software
- Seattle International Raceway
- Stuck’s Carnival - Casino; everything done to excess
- Auburn District Courthouse - Courthouse complex
- Auburn District Hall - Government offices
- Wynaco Correctional Facility - Prison
- Bowman Metal Works - Cited countless times for environmental violations and a popular target of eco-activists
- Diamond Deckers - Computer clone company producing knockoffs, possible Triad connections
- Federated Boeing Auburn Facility
- United Oil Research and Development Laboratory
- Algona Community Hospital - Hospital
- Community General - Hospital run by Catholic and Jewish charities
- Lake Wilderness Hospital - Hospital, specializes in treating mystics, rumored to be haunted
- Renraku Biocomp - Biotech research
- Stuck’s Bag-Your-Body - Body shop, Mafia connections
There is a significance gang presense, but no gang claims total control over the district. Most gangs are usually small, with no more than a couple dozen members. Go-gangs operate along Route 18 and Route 164, while thrill gangs are found mostly along the border near Puyallup, in Sumner and along the Tacoma border in downtown Auburn.
Organized crime (Mafia, Yakuza) has a significant presence here.
Petty crime perpetrated by squatters and other criminal elements from Puyallup Barrens in the south is a constant problem.
- Vital statistics were unchanged from 2050 to 2072 or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
- 2072 book did not provide an update on any topics but places of interest
- Back in the real world of the USA, Auburn WA, was originally incorporated as the town "Slaughter"
- New Seattle, 52-54
- Runner Havens, 101
- Seattle 2072, 97-102
- Seattle Sourcebook, 102-111
- Shadowrun 2050