Dwarfs (Homo sapiens pumilionis) first appeared in 2011. Starting from this year, human mothers began bearing dwarven and elven babies. Medical researchers called this transformation Unexplained Genetic Expression (UGE).
Dwarfs are smallest metamuhan race, on average shorter than humans; their average height is under 120cm. Remarkable features include the dwarfs' small body size, short legs and full beards. Unlike humans with dwarfism, true dwarfs have upper bodies that are proportionately larger than their lower bodies compared to humans. Their skin color varies in a similar fashion to humans, with colors ranging from white to black. It is assumed that dwarfs have an average life expectancy of well over 100 years, although proof is still forthcoming. Dwarfs see in a broader spectrum than humans, which allows them to have natural thermographic vision. In addition, dwarfs clearly have a more efficient immune system than humans do, which makes them resistant to most diseases and patogens.
Besides dwarfs are more resistant to magic which attacks from inside.
The normal gestation time for a dwarf is 284 days.
They are usually 5.6% of their mother's weight. Their suckling time is over 15 months.
There are at least five known variants of the Dwarven Metatype:
- Gnomes: Central European Dwarf
- Harumen: Dwarven variant from India with monkey-like appearance
- Korobokuru: Japanese Dwarven variant
- Menehune: Hawaiʻian Dwarf
- Querx: Variant from Saxony in the Allied German States
Notable Dwarf Characters
- Frank "Friz" Baylor -- noted programmer. He received 2069 Innovative IC award.
- Shadowrun 1st Edition p25; Shadowrun Second Edition p.36
- Run Faster
- Runner's Companion
- Shadowrun Second Edition
- Shadowrun Third Edition
- Shadowrun Fourth Edition
- Shadowrun 20th Anniversary
- Shadowrun Fifth Edition Core Rulebook
- Shadowrun Companion