Formerly one of the Council of Princes in Tir Tairngire, Ehran the Scribe is recognized worldwide as a scholar of great prestige and renown, especially in matters pertaining to the Awakening of the world and the cycles of magic. Ehran the Scribe stepped down from the Council to head the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research, at the bequest of Dunkelzahn in his will. He has a long-standing rivalry with Harlequin, and is one of the many rumored Immortal Elves. He has an illegitimate daughter named Jane Foster.
In 2051 Ehran commanded elite guard troops named Ehran's Paladins.
Harlequin has a long, close, and often adversarial relationship with Ehran the Scribe. They both had the same teacher. In Renaissance-era France, Ehran won a duel with Harlequin, cutting off his left ear, earning a long-burning enmity. Harlequin won a chal'han against him in 2050. Since the duel, their relationship has become friendly, though still edgy. They have met online in the Matrix and have had at least one face-to-face meeting. Ehran knows that his daughter is in Harlequin's custody, though he has expressed no concerns for his daughter being under Harlequin's care or tutelage.
Harlequin kidnapped Ehran's daughter, Jane "Frosty" Foster, as part of his duel. Harlequin has not told Foster of her true parentage and Ehran wishes her not to know, so that she doesn't live in his shadow.
- o66078292Conspiracy Theories
- o45457298Dragons of the Sixth World, 27, 101
- o00095191Dawn of the Artifacts: Dusk, 3
- o42265136Loose Alliances
- o73009950Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets, 25, 27, 39
- o30783549Shadows of Europe, 181
- o38715534Shadows of North America
- o34954845Sixth World Almanac, 41, 48, 60, 61
- o06516714The Clutch of Dragons
- o26003877The Land of Promise
- o82792918Threats, 54, 55, 56
- o21639523Tir Tairngire
- Never Deal With A Dragon