A Face is a person that specializes in social skills. Their role is to talk for a team of Shadowrunners. They will usually negotiate pay from a Mr. Johnson, act as a distraction, talk their way past security, and offer tactical advice for a team in combat situations.
A person can qualify as a Face either based on their magical talent, emergent abilities or augmentations each specialized in social skills:
- Commonly physical adepts make good faces. Since a number of adept powers increase their ability to read people's body language.
- Shamans can often double dip on charisma since their tradition emphasises charisma. Other magicians whose tradition is charisma based are also as good.
- A cyber Face will often take tailored pheromones to help improve people's reception to them within smelling range.
- A technomancer can emulate Empathy software without the other party realizing that they're being analyzed.
- ↑ In SR5 charisma also acts as a technomancer's Matrix attack status.
A Face is colloquially called a "pornomancer" in the Shadowrun player community. The term was coined on Dumpshock to describe a social adept hyper-optimized for social tests.