Mobile Eingreiftruppe 2000 (“Mobile Intervention Force 2000”) or MET2000 (also simply MET) is one of the largest mercenary forces in the world: 200,000 personnel (not counting the ARGUS agents) serve in the classic land, air and sea branches (sea being the smallest). MET 2000 is SOTA-equipped, soldiers are well-trained and almost everybody has cyberware to some degree.
IFMU no longer exists as of 2065. The company was split up and the various parts went to different shareholders.
The Frankfurt Bank Association acquired IFMU's 21% share in MET2000 after the Second Crash.
During the Battle for Bogotá in early 2075 the old enemities between the MET 2000 and the Japanese mercenary outfit Tsunami escalated into an all-out war. Both mercenary firms suffered heavily losses, reducing them eventually to the brink of operability. This had the effect, that they were no longer the world biggest and second biggest mercenary outfit.
Differences between US and German material
The German sourcebook Deutschland in den Schatten lists MET2000 shareholders as Germany 34%, IFMU 21%, Ruhrmetall 18% and "large shareholders including Ares and Japan" 19%. The English translation of this sourcebook, Germany, lists Germany 34%, IFMU 21%, Ruhrmetall 18%, Ares 19% and "thousands of small shareholders" 18% (which makes a total of 110%).
- o79645619Corporate Download, 84, 89
- o58300297Corporate Guide
- o45457298Dragons of the Sixth World, 97, 165
- o94042622Euro War Antiques
- o64432313Feral Cities
- o89484254Fields of Fire
- o42265136Loose Alliances
- o70096438Shadows of Asia, 136
- o30783549Shadows of Europe, 20, 22, 66, 67, 213, 223
- o85679541Sprawl Survival Guide, 73
- o53846041Spy Games
- o69485291State of the Art: 2063, 61, 65-66, 77
- o75212693State of the Art: 2064, 20
- o15323899Street Legends
- o59345449Street Magic
- o76933476System Failure
- o94379615Target: Smuggler Havens, 51, 74
- o03317300Target: Wastelands, 26
- Deutschland in den Schatten II