Shadowrunners are the elite criminals of the Sixth World. When conflicts arise that cannot be solved by legal means, the corporations, governments, wealthy individuals, and even organized crime will subcontract their dirty work to deniable specialists.
Shadowrunners fall outside the structured corporate world. Many are outcasts, having risen from the streets or fallen from corporate or government ranks. Their ranks include idealists and pragmatists, professionals and amateurs, disillusioned ex-corp/government/military personnel who have thrown off the shackles of corp society to achieve freedom, and those who have never known any life outside the shadows. The one thing they have in common is that through necessity or by choice, they work in the shadows cast by the gigantic corporate buildings.
No two shadowrunners are alike, but there are broad categories of specialization that their culture recognizes.
- Street Samurai: Technologically-enhanced physical combat specialist.
- Adept: Magically-enhanced physical combat specialist.
- Decker: Technologically-enhanced electronic warfare specialist.
- Technomancer: Magically-enhanced electronic warfare specialist.
- Rigger: Vehicle/drone control specialist.
- Face: Social warfare specialist.
- Mage: Hermetic Magic specialist.
- Shaman: Shamanic Magic specialist.
- Investigator: Stealth focused specialist.