Snohomish is one of Seattle's districts.
Snohomish has (huge tracts of land) large tracts of mountains, hills and woodlands, along with developed land controlled by agribusiness. It is a far cry from the steel towers and plastcrete canyons of the rest of Seattle.
The District of Snohomish is bounded on the northeast by the lands of the Salish-Shidhe, on the southeast by the District of Redmond, on the south by the northwest by the District of Everett. The Snohomish River and its tributaries meander through flat fertile lands in the eastern half of the district. Away from the river valleys, rolling hills dominate this peaceful district.
Snohomish is one of the most sparsely populated Districts. Seventy percent of the residents work outside of Snohomish, which makes commuter traffic quite heavy along every highway going in and out of the district.
Culturally, the district has German and Scandinavian heritage.
In 2048, Mike Walkstrong replaced Daniel Feddersen as the district's mayor after Feddersen was killed in a car accident. One of the major elements of Walkstrong's time was reducing the influence of Humanis Policlub in the district. This continued through 2050s and 2060s.
2060-2072: Mayor Karl Feddersen has been Mayor of Snohomish for four terms. He was elected in 2060, running against incumbent Rita Salizar, who replaced Mayor Mike Walkstrong when he was killed by a car bomb in 2057; Feddersen had been Walkstrong’s District Attorney. His father, Daniel Feddersen, was Mayor of Snohomish until he died in a car accident in 2048.
Mayor Feddersen’s wife Jassila worked as Race Relations Advisor in Snohomish, and now serves as Metroplex Commissioner of Race Relations. Jassila Feddersen is an elf, and she was a dedicated public servant in Snohomish, but I suspect she’s finding herself nothing but window-dressing in the Brackhaven administration, an example of how “sensitive” the governor is to metahuman issues for having hired a metahuman to handle race relations! Don't underestimate Jassila Feddersen’s ability to get things done on her own, and just how far she’ll go for a cause she believes in.
2076: Mayor Jassila Feddersen replaced her husband as mayor of Snohomish after he suddenly announced his retirement. She is overseeing an economic boom in the district thanks to its agriculture industry. The more traditional councilors like Doug Jensen and Carmel Tunison compete against Technocrat “Lucky” Duck Phillips.
Snohomish is a stronghold of Humanis, it's in fact the most racist and anti-metahuman district in Seattle. There is even a training facility for the Flaming Sword, the militant arm of the Human Nation. The true power in Snohomish is the Human Nation which actually runs that city.
Primarily agricultural. There is a conflict between major agribusinesses and small farm owners in the area.
Lone Star Security Ratings Edit
This data is valid for 2050s-2060s. Data for 2070s has not been published.
- AA: Bothell, Mountain Terrace
- A: Snohomish
- B: Brier, Kennard’s Corner (some areas), Malthby, Monroe (some areas), Turner Corner
- C: Cathcart, Kennard’s Corner (some areas), Lynnwood, Monroe (some areas), Trasher’s Corner
- Brier Hotel - Family-style hotel. Decaying old hotel the Mafia would like to buy out, but one of the sisters who owns it refuses to sell
- Snohomish Sheraton - Luxury hotel
- Brother Anatole - Small restaurant, Humanis Policlub hangout
- Jay’s Boathouse - Medium restaurant, Salish cuisine
- Purgatory - Medium restaurant and bar, popular with mystics, members only
- Top Side - Medium restaurant, soy sea cuisine
- Bawdy Lass - Nightclub and bar
- Blackstone’s Museum and Zoo of the Paranatural
- Bothell Mall - Shopping mall
- Lake Forest Park - Park, nighttime battleground between local human and metahuman gangs
- Snohomish District Courthouse - Courthouse complex
- Snohomish District Hall - Government offices
- Thrasher’s Correctional Facilities - Small prison
- Berkley Soy Cuisines - Soy farm, owned by Ingersoll and Berkley
- Edmonds Instruments - Precision aircraft and ship instruments
- French W Ranch - Beef ranch, owned by a troll and hires only metahumans, frequent target of anti-meta groups
- Green Nymph, The - Medium lore store, owned by an elf named Farshorn, who is a skilled magical and herbal healer
- Ingersoll Aquaculture (aka Ingersoll and Berkley)
- Kingsley Precision Metals - Rare alloys and metal parts
- Snohomish Security Personnel - Small security firm
- Snohomish Society Farm - Ultra-modern farm
- VisionCrafters, Inc.
- Mountlake Veterans Memorial - Hospital
- Snohomish Medical Center - Hospital
- Turner Clinic - Small hospital with a bad reputation
Nothing major, small local gangs are present.
- The only statistic that changed from 2050 to 2072 was income, as indicated in the infobox. Other statistics were unchanged or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
- 2072 book did not provide an update on any topics but places of interest
- numerous shadowtalk comments have been offered on this topic throughout available sources:
- 2050 (Seattle Sourcebook): Anonymous, Comrade, Connie Connoisseur, Convex Condor, Doc U-Dub, Jason of Snohomish, Knowing Cop, Nuyen Nick, Queen Gilde, Smiley, Snohomish Roamer, SPD, Summer Drummer, The Dead Deckers Society, The Sleeper, Wheel of Misfortune, Woppier the Weatherman
- 2060 (New Seattle): Condor, Galen, Nuyen Nick, Paranaturalist, Smiley, Social Adept, The Dead Deckers Society
- 2072 (Seattle 2072): Butch, Elijah, Ethernaut, Glitch, Hard Exit, Kat o' Nine ails, Knah-A-Saur, Lyran, Mika, Mr. Bonds, Nephrine, Pistons, Riser, Sounder, Star Loner, Tarlan