Snohomish is one of Seattle's districts.
Snohomish has large tracts of mountains, hills and woodlands, along with developed land controlled by agribusiness. It is a far cry from the steel towers and plastcrete canyons of the rest of Seattle.
The District of Snohomish is bounded on the northeast by the lands of the Salish-Shidhe, on the southeast by the District of Redmond, on the south by the northwest by the District of Everett. The Snohomish River and its tributaries meander through flat fertile lands in the eastern half of the district. Away from the river valleys, rolling hills dominate this peaceful district.
Snohomish is one of the most sparsely populated Districts. Seventy percent of the residents work outside of Snohomish, which makes commuter traffic quite heavy along every highway going in and out of the district.
Culturally, the district has German and Scandinavian heritage.
(As of 2060; this date was not reported for 2050 of 2072)
- AA: Bothell, Mountain Terrace
- A: Snohomish
- B: Brier, Kennard’s Corner (some areas), Malthby, Monroe (some areas), Turner Corner
- C: Cathcart, Kennard’s Corner (some areas), Lynnwood, Monroe (some areas), Trasher’s Corner
- Brier Hotel - Family-style hotel. Decaying old hotel the Mafia would like to buy out, but one of the sisters who owns it refuses to sell
- Snohomish Sheraton - Luxury hotel
- Brother Anatole - Small restaurant, Humanis Policlub hangout
- Jay’s Boathouse - Medium restaurant, Salish cuisine
- Purgatory - Medium restaurant and bar, popular with mystics, members only
- Top Side - Medium restaurant, soy sea cuisine
- Bawdy Lass - Nightclub and bar
- Blackstone’s Museum and Zoo of the Paranatural
- Bothell Mall - Shopping mall
- Lake Forest Park - Park, nighttime battleground between local human and metahuman gangs
- Snohomish District Courthouse - Courthouse complex
- Snohomish District Hall - Government offices
- Thrasher’s Correctional Facilities - Small prison
- Berkley Soy Cuisines - Soy farm, owned by Ingersoll and Berkley
- Edmonds Instruments - Precision aircraft and ship instruments
- French W Ranch - Beef ranch, owned by a troll and hires only metahumans, frequent target of anti-meta groups
- Green Nymph, The - Medium lore store, owned by an elf named Farshorn, who is a skilled magical and herbal healer
- Ingersoll Aquaculture (aka Ingersoll and Berkley)
- Kingsley Precision Metals - Rare alloys and metal parts
- Snohomish Security Personnel - Small security firm
- Snohomish Society Farm - Ultra-modern farm
- VisionCrafters, Inc.
- Mountlake Veterans Memorial - Hospital
- Snohomish Medical Center - Hospital
- Turner Clinic - Small hospital with a bad reputation
<<The Yakuza and the Mafia have virtually no presence in this district.>>
>>>>>[For the most part, gangs aren’t a significant presence in Snohomish. The few gangs in the district are mostly metahumans who’ve banded together to terrorize the local inhabitants and provide mutual protection against local anti-metahuman sentiment. The rest are gangs of human toughs looking to bust metahuman skulls and protect their homes from “sub-human scum.” Both sides operate like old-time vigilantes.]<<<<<
- The only statistic that changed from 2050 to 2072 was income, as indicated in the infobox. Other statistics were unchanged or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
- Seattle Sourcebook, p.112-118
- New Seattle, p. 54-55
- Seattle 2072, p.103-108