I suggest merging and redirecting this page to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shadowrun_books
Wikipedia has a higher visiblity than this, and it is pointless to have to wikis with the same article (list). Piotrus 17:10, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I disagree to that. - Redirect from Wikia to Wikipedia doesn't work. + There we haven't any controll over the content. (They tend do erase listings of "upcoming" products for example). Also I 've started, to use the frames (sortable tabels) that are used there for the listing, because it would look much better. --Dorle 07:58, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
- :We have control over content there, as editors. If something is removed, show me the diff and I'll tell you why (I am quite experienced on Wikipedia). For now, my guess would be it wasn't referenced (which is also a good rule for our content). My big problem with having the article here and there is needless content forking - some will help with this page, others with the other one, the reader should check both... meeh. Also, Wikipedia pages comes first, and Wikia, third - more people will go there anyway. I'd really encourage you to try to improve the Wikipedia page for the list of books. If we dedice that some stuff gets removed there for being not encyclopedic, we can have that here, but I don't think such content would really exist. As for redirecting, we can just have on this page something like "For the list, see Wikipedia article here: link". Piotrus 17:17, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
- No Offense, but
- Do you realy believe, they would accept there the longer explanations of the books I've made here? - I don't think so.
- There I cann't edit the article at all. - There is only a "view source" button, but no edit button - and: there are no separate tables for the editions like here.
- I prefer, to have any "Shadowrun-related" articles here, in the Shadowrun Wiki. - And of course list of sourcebooks / adventures or list of novels are Shadowrun related. I believe it should be done, like it is in the German Shadowhelix actually: Articles without shadowrun-specific content may be a direct link in wikipedia. - That is fine. But a list of official Shadowrun sources is Shadowrun specific, you understand?
- --Dorle 07:17, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Re: 1 Yes, they are not much different than the notes already existing there.
- Re: 2. That's weird. Are you logged in? If not, your IP address may be blocked. Try creatng an account to avoid that.
- A list of Shadowrun books in one of the few topics that are notable and allowed on Wikipedia. We should take advantage of it, and of greater visibility of Wikipedia, to make the few entries on SR allowed there as comprehensive as possible. For 99% of entries, we have this wiki. I am not going to tell you you HAVE to abandon this page and move to Wikipedia, you are of course free to do what you want. I will however recapitulate my arguments that having two pages on the same subject leads to wasted effort on somebody's part, wasted time if the reader has to check two pages, procuces an inferior product if the editors where working on one page only, and finally, that the list of books on our wikia here has less google visibility than on Wikipedia, so anything we do here is going to be read by fewer people than on Wikipedia. PS. I'll end up by saying - thanks for your efforts to improve SR content, on whatever wiki you chose - you are doing a great job :) Piotrus 17:16, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay. I logged in on English Wikipedia and then started adding the notes there. If it will not be reverted, I will continue. Also I think about keeping the page here and including the "span"-function to create links from the sources in the different articles to the list, because that cann't be done in Wikipedia.
- --Dorle 08:12, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
It is an html-code <span id="Native American Nations Vollume One">Native American Nations Vollume One</span> With that you can make a redirect, that leads to exactly this line on the target page.
--Dorle 04:09, October 5, 2011 (UTC)