Texas is a CAS state.
Texas is one of the states who seceded from the UCAS in 2034 to form the CAS. It briefly left the confederation for four months in 2035 because of Atlanta's unwillingness to declare war on Aztlan after the invasion of southern Texas, before asking for reintegration after fighting Aztlan forces to a standstill at Austin.
During the Texas-Aztlan war major landmarks where moved to more northern parts of Texas. Most notably the Alamo, which formally resided in San Antonio was moved 'block-by-block, including a large portion of the land on which it rested' while the Texas Rangers were holding off Aztlan forces. It is now a major attraction at Eight Flags Over Texas theme and amusement park in Dallas/Fort Worth. 
Dallas/Fort Worth is the state capital since 2035 . Other major cities are Houston, San Angelo, Amarillo, Lubbock, Galveston and Austin. Austin is presently half in Aztlan occupied territory and there for a divided city. The Aztlan occupied cities in Texas are San Antonio, El Paso, South Padre Island, Corpus Christi, and Laredo.
In March 2062 the Earthquake and Tsunami that devastates the Yucatán Peninsula, carries all across the Gulf of Mexico(Aztlan). Corpus Christi, South Padre, Galveston, and Houston are rocked by the Tsunami. Helping to return the south of Texas back to is natural wet-land roots.
Due to the economic strength of Aztlan, the CAS trades with Aztlan. Texas while resistant, agrees with the rest of the CAS but does not let down its efforts at border protection. Texans as a whole are still very wary of any and all Aztlaner presence.
Historically, Tejanos (Hispanic Texans) have played a large role in Texan independence and in shaping the culture of Texas. Even to this day there is a marked difference between Aztlaners and Catholic Neo-Mexican Americans (Tejanos).
Major Political Parties:
- Sons of Alamo: a policlub, that is pushing for an all out war with Aztlan to reclaim Texas.
Major corporations established in Texas are Saeder-Krupp, AresSpace, Lone Star Security Services, United Oil Industries, Exxoco, Global Oil, Texas Instruments and BeLTV. Foreign investments have been coming from Lockheed and Renraku.
Important schools include Texas A&M University, which added magical studies circa 2026.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Texas. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Shadowrun Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
- California Free State, 19
- Conspiracy Theories
- Corporate Shadowfiles, 70, 89, 95
- Corporate Enclaves, 8, 125
- Cyberpirates!, 44, 125
- Dirty Tricks
- Emergence, 119
- Feral Cities, 50
- Lone Star
- Loose Alliances, 133
- Matrix, 160
- Missions, 54, 55, 60
- Mob War!, 14
- New Seattle, 76
- Paranormal Animals of North America, 74
- Predator and Prey, 80
- Running Wild
- Shadowrun Second Edition
- Shadowrun Third Edition
- Shadowrun Fourth Edition
- Shadowrun 20th Anniversary, 25, 27, 28
- Shadows of Asia, 194
- Shadows of North America, 58, 63, 70-71, 194
- Sixth World Almanac
- Spy Games
- State of the Art: 2063, 67, 110
- State of the Art: 2064, 27, 147, 165
- Storm Front
- Target: Matrix, 37, 38, 39, 121
- Target: Smuggler Havens, 86, 87, 88, 92
- Target: UCAS, 19, 21
- The Clutch of Dragons
- The Grimoire: 15th Edition, 2053
- The Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America
- Threats 2, 24, 61
- Tir Tairngire
- Year of the Comet, 34, 130, 131, 156
- Confederation of American States Original-Draft (Pdf-Download officially unpublished part for the "Sixth World Almanac" by Robert Derie aka Ancient History)