The United Canadian and American States, also referred to as the UCAS, is a federal republic in eastern North America, stretching from the Atlantic in the east to the beginning of the Rocky Mountains. It is the successor state to both the United States of America and Canada. It shares land borders with Quebec, Algonkian-Manitou, Sioux, Pueblo and CAS. The state of Seattle on the West Coast of North America is enclaved in the Salish-Shidhe territory.
The country has 31 states, which have a level of local autonomy according to the system of federalism, and a special district, the Federal District of Columbia, encompassing the capital Washington DC. The state of Seattle is sometimes designated as the metroplex of Seattle, though it possesses all the attributes of a Union State. A UCAS citizen may be referred as an American or a Canadian, UCASer or Canadian-American.
- 1 Geography
- 2 History
- 3 Politics
- 4 Economy
- 5 Culture
- 6 Magic
- 7 Crime
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 Index
- 11 External links
List of the United Canadian & American States
Former Canadian Provinces
UCAS major cities
UCAS minor cities
UCAS small towns
- 2005 - United Nations moves from New York to Geneva 
- 2014 - 2018 - The Ghost Dance War. The Sovereign American Indian Movement lays claim to much of the western United States and Canada.
- 2017 - Hawaii secedes from the US, becoming the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi.
- 2018 - The Treaty of Denver is signed. Most of Canada and about one-third of the US are ceded to the Native American Nations.
- 2030 - October 15, Union Day. The remnants of Canada merge with the United States, resulting in the UCAS.
- 2032 - In response to the Euro-Wars, most of the UCAS forces based in Europe are withdrawn.
- 2034 - The southern states of the UCAS secede and form the Confederation of American States. The new border is outlined in the Treaty of Richmond.
- 2036 - California Free State secedes from the UCAS.
- 2055 - Chicago is overrun by bug spirits.
- 2056 - December; results of presidential election overturned due to evidence of fraud. Congress declares the election invalid, and announces a new election to take place in eight months.
- 2057 - August 7; the great dragon Dunkelzahn is elected President of the UCAS.
- 2057 - August 9; Dunkelzahn assassinated by a car bomb
- 2057 - August 10; former Vice President Kyle Haeffner is sworn in as Dunkelzahn's replacement; Nadia Daviar becomes VP.
- 2061 - Ghostwalker emerges in Federal District of Columbia.
- 2064 - The New Revolution attempts to take control of the UCAS Government, among others, and fails.
The Department of Justice hosts their own PLTG
- relations with Britain
- relations with Germany
- relations with Tir na nOg
- relations with North American nations
Most megacorporations have a presence in the UCAS.
- Ares Macrotechnology (HQ: Detroit)
- Brackhaven Investments
- Draco Foundation (HQ: FDC)
- Novatech, Inc (HQ: Boston)
- Renraku Computer Systems
- Shiawase Atomics
- UCAS Online (HQ: FDC)
laws regarding magic use
Shadowland nodes in (at least) New York, Boston, Halifax and FDC
Several major smuggling routes run through the UCAS.
This page forked from Wordman's The Sixth World: A geographical index to the world of Shadowrun
- Shadowrun Second Edition p. 22
- Year of the Comet pp. 55-59
- Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets pp. 68-69
- Target: Matrix pp. 10-12
- London Sourcebook p. 41
- Germany Sourcebook p. 43
- Tír na nÓg p. 54
- Target: UCAS pp. 18-22
- Tir Tairngire p. 46
- Corporate Download pp. 32-35
- Corporate Download p. 9
- Blood in the Boardroom pp. 26-27
- Corporate Download pp. 66-74
- Corporate Download p. 78
- Corporate Download p. 97
- Target: Matrix p. 14
- Corporate Download p.69
- Year of the Comet p. 44
- Year of the Comet pp. 131-133
- The Grimoire: 15th Edition, 2053 p. 12
- Year of the Comet p. 85
- Target: Matrix p. 27
- Target: Smuggler Havens pp. 79-88
- Underworld Sourcebook pp. 32-33
- Dirty Tricks
- Magic in the Shadows, 11, 64, 68
- Rigger 3, 107, 158, 169, 176, 178, 187
- Shadows of North America, 165-170
- Sixth World Almanac
- Super Tuesday!, 7-9
- Target: UCAS, 7-18
- The Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, 78-85