See archive for discussion prior to 2016.
Thanks for fixing my broken references - I am still trying to master part of the syntax of the wiki... Rpelisse
- Ah, I got it, it's Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America. --Piotrus (talk) 13:13, December 24, 2017 (UTC)
Is there a "style guide" I can reference for how articles should be written? Do you use any other forum that would be easer to communicate and ask questions in? (I'm thinking Facebook) --Lewis Graywolf (talk)
- There is the example article.
- Never used facebook. Sometimes announcements are posted to reddit and can be discussed there: Examples are here, here or here. But it's not useful once the conversation has moved on.
- If you want a different channel I would suggest the official forum: https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com Either create a thread there or use the messaging function. I'm "lokii".
- --ShxLoki (talk) 10:29, May 6, 2018 (UTC)
- By the way, there is also this: Forum:Index. Same wiki format, but it circumvents having general discussions on user discussion pages.
- --ShxLoki (talk) 11:06, May 6, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm a little confused on what can be used and what can't. I know the text has to be paraphrased or quoted but what about pictures? I saw that you took the frame off of the picture of Brackhaven that I put up, was that for copyright reasons or aesthetics? What about using the "news clippings" that are throughout the sourcebooks? I wanted to add some in but I'm not sure how i should use them.
- Can I use this the first picture with the "news" frame? Or should it be cropped like the second one? Or should it just be quoted text?
Quote from Page 70 - "11/01/74 0600 hours, seattle, travis Ryder KSAF Sources inside the District Attorney’s office have revealed that on Wednesday, October 31st, DA Dana Oaks secretly empaneled a Federal grand jury for a sealed investigation. Our sources, who remain unidentified because they are not allowed to publicly speak on the matter, indicate that the DA’s ongoing investigation of the Ork Underground and Project Freedom has finally uncovered evidence of corruption and fraud on an unprecedented scale. In light of the Brackhaven administration’s continued opposition to the proposition, one is left to wonder about the validity of Seattle’s upcoming election. Stayed tuned to KSAF newsfeeds as we continue to bring you the latest developments on this story as they happen."
- > I saw that you took the frame off of the picture of Brackhaven that I put up, was that for copyright reasons or aesthetics?
- I believe we should leave layout options to the wiki environment itself. So images shouldn't come with their own frame (which also differs between editions). If we want them to have a particular frame that should be done with css or similar. (On this principle V2.jpg.)
- > I'm a little confused on what can be used and what can't. I know the text has to be paraphrased or quoted but what about pictures?
- To the larger point: Frankly, you might know more about this than I can tell you. This is an US-based project, can you apply Fair Use to this wikia situation? Is there another legal basis for using images? Only thing I know there are other images here already. (Incidentally we have the same discussion for the Shadowhelix right now, but German/European law is more restrictive and the conclusion points to there are very few instances where we can actually use images without getting permission from the copyright holders.)
- --ShxLoki (talk) 18:52, May 9, 2018 (UTC)
Community Linking Wikis
Hi ShxLoki, i am ChrisN34, current admin of the Cyberpunk Series Wiki (Located here -http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) , i am messaging you regarding linking wikis together. Currently on our homepage we have a community links section of like-minded wikis and was wondering if you were interested in something like this between our respective wikis. Cyberpunk and Shadowrun have a lot in common as both were classic Role Playing Games turned Video Games and are both heavily inspired by the Cyberpunk Genre.
Please let me know if this is something you are interested in.
ChrisN34 23:16, June 3, 2018 (UTC)
- This is more about the Shadowrun role playing game than about the video games, which have their own more comprehensive wikis as far as I know. But sure why not. Feel free to add something.
- --ShxLoki (talk) 18:23, June 12, 2018 (UTC)
Introduction - Fandom Wiki Manager
Good afternoon ShxLoki.
I'd like to personally introduce myself to you as you are a very active member of this community.
I am Jr Mme, a Fandom Wiki Manager, and I'll be helping the community of this wiki for any sorts of questions/problems, and be a bridge to full-time Fandom staff.
Please let me know if you have any questions about anything wiki-related. I'll be glad to help you out!
Community Page Wiki Manager
As your assigned Wiki Manager, would you be interested in having my name on Special:Community by using this script? It would maybe help redirect users that have Fandom-specific questions to me. Let me know what you think! - Jr Mime (talk) [VSTF] 19:33, June 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Sure, why not. Though I don't now whether many people use that special page?
- --ShxLoki (talk) 20:02, June 30, 2019 (UTC)
As I have since pointed out on the talk page, virtually nothing in that timeline is canon. It was written as background information for an early-edition shadowrun campaign and posted for the benefit of the old players. It really doesn't belong on a Shadowrun Wiki except, perhaps, in a "personal campaign" section - and even then only with permission. Could you please correct this situation?
-Paul Melroy. 2602:306:8072:51B0:1C56:3960:CF0A:E06F 21:43, December 7, 2019 (UTC)
Rpelisse (talk) 10:05, March 22, 2020 (UTC)Hi! Can you help creating some source links? I need to have one for the book I wrote Néo Révolution , that has been now released in french. It has a lot of updates and changes to the setting of France. Thanks!
I was just looking at the wiki entry for the novel "Never Deal With A Dragon" and thought I'd note that the audiobook is now available, if someone would like to add that to the page. I'd do it myself, but honestly, I haven't a clue how to go about it!