|Major Ethnic Groups||Vietnamese 71%, Lao 10%, Chinese 8%, Other 11%|
|Major Languages Spoken||Vietnamese (98%), Chinese (9%), English (8%)|
|Major Religions||Buddhist (46%), Christian (9%)|
Vietnam nationalised the Khouang Combine to help keep the economy from grinding to a halt. After a history of warring with their neighbors which led to the nation finding itself isolated, the government is slowly liberalising their economy to allow outside investment.
To help try and salvage their flagging economy and keep from economic collapse, the government nationalised the local Khouang Combine and has started opening up the country to limited megacorp investment.
Foreign companies are permitted to operate in Vietnam if they form joint-ventures with Khouang, in which the latter owns at minimum 51% of the venture.
This page forked from Wordman's The Sixth World: A geographical index to the world of Shadowrun
- o22118576Blood in the Boardroom, 71
- o42265136Loose Alliances, 26, 27
- o16965029Mob War!, 62
- o22649160Runner's Companion
- o39478620Runner Havens, 36
- o70096438Shadows of Asia, 28, 29, 31, 46, 145, 146, 148-149, 150-151, 154, 155, 156-157, 223, 227, 229, 231
- o57038227Target: Awakened Lands, 121
- o23681902The Grimoire: 15th Edition, 2053
- o44543375The Rotten Apple: Manhattan, 3