Yakashima Technologies is devoted to agribusiness, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, mining, and biotechnology. Yakashima's agribusiness side bought many of the European interests in cocoa and coffee bean crops in Africa and elsewhere during the 2050s, making them the number one producer of chocolate confectioneries and the fourth largest producer of coffee. Yakashima has also been known to deal with "free water-borne trade" (Corpspeak for pirates and smugglers) and even issue "letters of marque".
They are strong backers of the imperialist faction in Japan, opposing the reformers led by Emperor Yasuhito. Supporting the imperialist agenda of regulation of the Awakened, technomancers, and AI, racism toward metahumans, a powerful military, and control of the Pacific Rim.
Yakashima has a really bad reputation for its racist view of the Metahuman Races and its corporate culture openly following that view. They are often accused for their relations to Human Nation and are also hated on the Philippineas for the role they played during the Harpon's rule.
Yakashima, Africa, piracy support, and the agribusiness stats 
Industrial chemicals 
Corporate Hierarchy of YakashimaEdit
- Farm-The-Sea (aquatic agribusiness) 
- Yakashima, Africa
- ↑ Cyberpirates! p.88
- ↑ Corporate Enclaves p.65
- ↑ Corporate Punishment ?
- ↑ Cyberpirates! p.116
- ↑ Man & Machine: Cyberware p.105
- ↑ Cyberpirates! p.72
- ↑ Man & Machine: Cyberware p.63
- ↑ State of the Art: 2063 p.15
- ↑ State of the Art: 2064 p.73
- Augmentation, 60
- Corporate Enclaves
- Cyberpirates!, Philippines: 72, 81, 84, Africa: 88, 116
- Loose Alliances, 12, 35, 44
- Man & Machine: Cyberware, 54, 63, 105
- Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets
- Runner's Companion
- Sprawl Survival Guide, 75
- State of the Art: 2063, 15
- State of the Art: 2064, 73
- Shadows of Asia, 14